Max Hall, Public Engagement, World Economic Forum, +41 79 329 3500, email@example.com
- Global Tuna Alliance is an independent group of retailers and supply-chain companies setting out to eradicate illegal fishing from the tuna sector and step up social and environmental conditions and intergovernmental cooperation
- Ahold Delhaize, METRO and New England Seafood International have initiated the foundation of the Global Tuna Alliance, inspired by Friends of Ocean Action
- Other industry partners that led the development of the group include Coop UK, Tesco, Marks & Spencer, World Wise Foods, Sainsburys, Waitrose, Asda and Princes
- Friends of Ocean Action is a group of more than 50 global leaders committed to fast-tracking solutions for a healthy ocean, convened by the World Economic Forum and World Resources Institute
- For more information visit www.weforum.org.
Geneva, Switzerland, 2 October 2019 – A coalition of companies from across global tuna supply chains aims to stop illegally caught tuna getting to market and seeks to boost environmental sustainability and respect for human rights in tuna fisheries around the world.
Source: World Economic Forum